School Timing for the Academic Year 2017-2018
• The academic year for the KG students will start on Sunday, 10th of September, 2017.
• The school timings for Pre-KG and KG1 students will be divided into two sessions during Sunday and Monday, 10th-11th of September 2017.
• The first session from (8:00-10:00 am), the second session from (11:00-1:00 pm).The class teacher will inform the parents about the class schedule of their children.
• KG2 students start on Sunday, 10th of September, 2017 from 7:30 till 1:15 pm.
• School bus will not be available for the (Pre-KG and KG1 students) on Sunday and Monday, 10th and 11th of September, 2017.
Pre-KG/ KG1/ KG2: Classes start at 7:30 a.m. and end at 1:15 p.m.
• The class teachers will be in their classrooms at 7:10 a.m. to welcome their students.
• The morning assemblies start at 7:45 a.m. in the KG Hall.
• Parents must obtain a permission slip from the administration, if they want to take their child from school early.
• If the student is late to class, parents must obtain a permission slip from the KG Section administration.
• The school provides two-way transportation for the KG students. The transportation service is provided by the RTA.
• If your child is absent from school, parents should inform the KG Admin.
• The KG supervisor will call you to find out the reason for your child’s absence after two consecutive absences.
• A medical certificate to be submitted to the classroom teacher when your child is absent.
• Parents should contact the teacher of their child to collect homework and any necessary notes that have been given during the child's absence.
Homework is an essential part of the learning process. Parents should ensure the following:
• Receive the homework at the end of each school day.
• Supervise their child when he/she is doing homework.
• Homework is sent back to the teacher the next day.
• Corrected homework is kept in a special folder at home.
• A monthly informative newsletter for all subject areas will be sent home at the beginning of each month.
• Students must wear their school uniform daily.
• Sandals and shoes with laces are not allowed.
• Parents are required to provide an extra set of clothing for their child; it will be given to the class teacher. The extra clothes must be labeled clearly with the name and class of the child.
• Jackets, lunch boxes and other personal belongings must be labeled clearly with the student’s name and class.
• The students are not allowed to wear jewelry at the school.
• Students are required to wear their PE uniforms during their sports class schedule.
• The school uniform is available at Emirates Industries, Belhoul Group building, AlGarhoud, Dubai-UAE.
Books will be distributed to all KG students at the beginning of the school year. Parents should label and laminate the books and send them back to the classroom teacher.
Parents should access the school website regularly ( http://www.ipsmamzar.com/ ) to check for updates on school activity and monthly newsletter.
Health and Safety
• Parents should keep their children at home when they have high fever, cold and flu, any skin rash such as chicken pox, measles and any health conditions.
• We have a full time school doctor and school nurse to assist the students in case of emergency.
• Parents should inform the school in writing describing their child’s allergies example food and medicine.
• Parents must inform the KG admin in writing if their child uses medication on regular basis or if they use an inhaler. All medications are to be clearly labeled. No medication can be administered without these procedures completed by the parents.
• The school carries out regular fire drills in coordination with the Civil Defense Authority at least twice a year to familiarize students with the safety procedure in case of emergency.
• The school is working diligently to assure the parents about the safeness of their child from unexpected accident.
• Children must be encouraged to eat healthy food, not only at home but also at school. Parents should prepare a healthy lunch for their child. We would like to see the following in the child's lunch box:
2. Fruits and vegetables
3. Milk and juice
4. A bottle of water
• The school and parents work together on teaching children not to eat junk food such as :
1. Soft drinks
2. Sweets, lollipops and chocolate
3. Chips and any unhealthy snacks
4. Peanuts and all kinds of nuts are not allowed at school.
Parents –Teachers Meetings (Parent and Teachers Conference PTC)
Open communication between parents and the school is an essential element for your child’s academic and personal development. Together we can work to facilitate the students’ learning process and help them grow into responsible, conscientious and successful individuals.
• Two formal PTC meetings will be held each year. Parents will be informed of the date & time in advance.
• If the teacher notices any behavioral or academic issues in the child’s performance, an appointment will be scheduled to meet the class teacher.
• Parents are not allowed to meet or talk to the teachers during the morning assembly or teaching time. An appointment with the teacher can be booked after 1:30 p.m.
• There are three trips for the KG students during the year.
• A letter will be sent to you prior to the trip.
• No child will be taken on the trip unless his/her parents sign the consent slip.
• Students must wear their uniform on the day of the trip.
• Parents should take prior permission from the supervisor and class teacher.
• Plan the celebration during the break and snack time (between 10:15 am and 11:00 am).
• Bring only a birthday cake and juice.
• Plan a simple party.